Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow, Comprehensive
- AUTHORS: Deborah Morley; Charles S. Parker
- ISBN-13: 9781285767277
- 752 Pages Paperback
- 15th Edition
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow gives your students a classic introduction to computer concepts with a modern twist! Known for its emphasis on industry insight and societal issues, this text makes concepts relevant to today's career-focused students and has increased emphasis on mobile computing and related issues such as mobile commerce and mobile security.
1. Introduction to the World of Computers.
2. The System Unit: Processing and Memory.
4. Input and Output.
5. System Software: Operating Systems and Utility Programs.
6. Application Software.
7. Computer Networks.
8. The Internet and the World Wide Web.
9. Network and Internet Security.
10. Multimedia and the Web.
12. Information Systems and System Development.
13. Program Development and Programming Languages.
14. Databases and Database Management Systems.
15. Computer Security and Privacy
16. Intellectual Proper Rights, Ethics, Health, Access and the Environment
References and Resources Guide.