Table of Contents
1. Humans, Geology, and the Environment.
2. The Earth System and Climate Change.
3. The Solid Earth.
4. Earthquakes and Human Activities.
6.Weathering, Soils, and Erosion.
7. Mass Wasting and Subsidence.
8. Freshwater Resources.
9. Hydrologic Hazards at the Earth's Surface.
10. Coastal Environments and Humans.
11. Glaciation and Long-Term Climate Change.
12. Arid Lands, Winds, and Desertification.
13. Mineral Resources and Society.
14. Energy and the Environment.
15. Waste Management and Geology