The Art of Writing About Art
- AUTHORS: Suzanne Hudson; Nancy Noonan-Morrisey
- ISBN-13: 9781285442587
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 208 Pages Paperback
- 2nd Edition | Previous Editions: 2002
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
THE ART OF WRITING ABOUT ART serves as a quick reference for students writing various types of essays, research papers, exhibition reviews, and even examinations. The premise of the book is that students in all disciplines, not just English, should be required to write well and that their instructors should hold these writing assignments to high standards. THE ART OF WRITING ABOUT ART not only emphasizes skills in college-level composition, but also in verbalizing the experience of art -- the historical, social, economic, and political forces that shape art and artists; art theory; and the interplay between artist and viewer.
1. Responding to Art.
2. Principles of Effective Writing.
3. Writing Analytically.
4. Writing the Exhibition Review.
5. Writing Arguments.
6. Writing Research Papers.
7. Writing the Essay Examination.