Chemistry in Focus: A Molecular View of Our World
- AUTHOR: Nivaldo J. Tro
- ISBN-13: 9781305084476
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 608 Pages Paperback
- 6th Edition | Previous Editions: 2013
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Thoroughly updated with the latest research and developments, CHEMISTRY IN FOCUS, develops students' appreciation for the molecular world and emphasizes the fundamental role it plays in their daily lives. By clearly identifying and explaining connections between the molecular world and microscopic world, the book helps students understand the major scientific, technological, and environmental issues affecting our society. Innovative study aids, such as Self-Check Quizzes and Tests, and technological tools help students maximize their success in the course.
1. Molecular Reasons.
2. The Chemist's Toolbox.
3. Atoms and Elements.
4. Molecules, Compounds, and Chemical Reactions.
5. Chemical Bonding.
6. Organic Chemistry.
7. Light and Color.
8. Nuclear Chemistry.
9. Energy for Today.
10. Energy for Tomorrow: Solar and Other Renewable Energy Sources.
11. The Air Around Us.
12. The Liquids and Solids Around Us: Especially Water.
13. Acids and Bases: The Molecules Responsible for Sour and Bitter.
14. Oxidation and Reduction.
15. The Chemistry of Household Products.
16. Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
17. Drugs and Medicine: Healing, Helping, and Hurting.
18. The Chemistry of Food.
Appendix 1: Significant Figures.
Appendix 2: Answers to Selected Exercises.
Appendix 3: Answers to Your Turn Questions.