Programming with Microsoft® Visual Basic® 2012
- AUTHOR: Diane Zak
- ISBN-13: 9781285077925
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 928 Pages Paperback
- 6th Edition | Previous Editions: 2012, 2010, 2007
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT® VISUAL BASIC 2012, 6E by best-selling author Diane Zak is the ideal choice for your introduction to programming course. Students learn to master the basics of effective programming as they work through a wealth of hands-on applications in this book's engaging real-world setting. Numerous learning features address today's varied learning styles with an approachable visual presentation, helpful step-by-step tutorials, and engaging "You Do It" activity boxes. Even students with no prior programming experience learn how to effectively plan and create interactive Windows® applications. This edition emphasizes GUI design skills and object-oriented programming concepts throughout. Find the tools you need to prepare the next generation of developers in the optional interactive CourseMate with all-new dynamic videos created and narrated by the author. This text is also available with an optional Microsoft® Visual Studio 2012 Trial CD to ensure your students have the tools they need to succeed.
An Overview of Programming.
1. An Introduction to Visual Basic 2012.
2. Designing Applications.
3. Using Variables and Constants.
4. The Selection Structure.
5. More on the Selection Structure.
6. The Repetition Structure.
7. Sub and Function Procedures.
8. String Manipulation.
10. Structures and Sequential Access Files.
11. Classes and Objects.
12. Web Applications.
13. Working with Access Databases and LINQ.
14. Access Databases and SQL.
Appendix A: Locating Syntax and Logic Errors.
Appendix B: GUI Design Guidelines.
Appendix C: Visual Basic Conversion Functions.
Appendix D: Case Projects.
Appendix E: Metro Style Applications.
Appendix F: Using Visual Basic 2012 Express.
Appendix G: Applications with Multiple Forms.