A Guide to MLA Documentation
- AUTHOR: Joseph F. Trimmer
- ISBN-13: 9781111837075
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 48 Pages Stitched binding
- 9th Edition | Previous Editions: 2010, 2006, 2004
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Briefer, more affordable, and easier to use than the MLA's own handbook, this popular booklet features current MLA guidelines, a new section on evaluating online sources, and an up-to-date APA appendix. The guide also provides numerous examples, a sample research paper, and helpful hints on such topics as avoiding plagiarism and taking notes.
1. IMPLICATIONS FOR YOUR RESEARCH AND COMPOSING.
Compiling Source Information.
Summarizing and Paraphrasing Sources.
2. DOCUMENTING SOURCES.
3. PREPARING THE LIST OF WORKS CITED.
Sample Entries: Books in Print.
Sample Entries: Articles in Print Periodicals.
Sample Entries: Miscellaneous Print and Nonprint Sources.
Sample Entries: Web Publications.
4. USING NOTES.
5. ANNOTATED STUDENT RESEARCH PAPER.
6. ABBREVIATIONS FOR MLA DOCUMENTATION.
APPENDIX ON APA STYLE.