Construction Materials, Methods and Techniques
- AUTHORS: William P. Spence; Eva Kultermann
- ISBN-13: 9781305086272
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 960 Pages Hardcover
- 4th Edition
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Explore the most up-to-date green and sustainable methods for residential and commercial building construction as well as the latest materials, standards, and practices with CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, METHODS AND TECHNIQUES: BUILDING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE, 4E. This comprehensive book's logical, well-structured format follows the natural sequence of a construction project. The book is the only one with an organization based on the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) Masterformat standards. Readers will find the most current industry developments and standards as well as latest relevant building codes within a dynamic new design. A wealth of comprehensive instructor resources, including MindTap™ Personal Learning Experience, ensure your students walk away with a clear understanding of today's construction materials, methods and techniques: something that is critical for their ongoing industry success.
PART I: INTRODUCTION.
1. The Construction Industry: An Overview.
2. Regulatory Constraints, Standards and Sustainability.
PART II: SITE CONSTRUCTION AND EARTHWORK.
3. Properties of Materials.
4. The Building Site.
PART III: CONCRETE AND MASONRY.
8. Cast-In-Place Concrete.
9. Precast Concrete.
10. Mortars for Masonry Walls.
11. Clay Brick and Tile.
12. Concrete Masonry.
14. Masonry Construction.
PART IV: METALS, WOOD AND PLASTICS.
15. Ferrous Metals.
16. Nonferrous Metals.
17. Steel Frame Construction.
19. Products Manufactured from Wood.
20. Wood and Metal Light Frame Construction.
21. Heavy Timber Construction.
22. Finishing the Exterior and Interior of Light Wood Frame Buildings.
PART V: THERMAL AND MOISTURE/OPENINGS/FINISHES.
24. Thermal Insulation and Vapor Barriers.
25. Bonding Agents, Sealers, and Sealants.
26. Bituminous Materials.
27. Roofing Systems.
29. Doors, Windows, Entrances, and Storefronts.
30. Cladding Systems.
31. Interior Finishes, Paints and Coatings
32. Acoustical Materials.
33. Interior Walls, Partitions, and Ceilings
35. Specialties, Equipment and Furnishings
36. Special Construction
37. Conveying Systems.
38. Fire-Suppression Systems.
39. Plumbing Systems.
40. Heating, Air-Conditioning, Ventilation, And Refrigeration.
41. Electrical Equipment And Systems.
42. Electronic Safety and Security.