Exploring the Basics of Drawing
- includes CourseMate Printed Access Card
- AUTHOR: Victoria Vebell
- ISBN-13: 9781285184593
- 288 Pages Paperback
- 2nd Edition | Previous Editions: 2005
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Packed with exquisite artwork and illustrations, the EXPLORING THE BASICS OF DRAWING, 2e package delivers a comprehensive introduction to the art of drawing through both the text and CourseMate.This new edition offers thorough coverage of the fundamental skills needed to learn still-life drawing, basic shapes, and the key concepts of perspective, light, value, and space. Its reader-friendly format offers clear instructions and detailed descriptions. The author thoroughly explains and illustrates each step of the drawing process--reflecting her three decades of professional illustration experience. With new chapters on figure and landscape drawing, as well as unique new author-created videos vividly illustrating essential drawing techniques via CourseMate, students will gain the knowledge and practice they need to build their skills and confidence.
2. Basic Shapes and Learning to See.
3. Value and Spherical Shapes.
4. Linear Perspective and Cubic Shapes.
5. Proportion and Rectangular Shapes.
6. Elliptical Perspective and Cylindrical Objects.
7. The Illusion of Space and Conical Shapes.
8. Composition and Complex Shapes.
12. Additional Media.
13. Drawing the Human Figure.
14. Landscape Drawing.