Clearly Visual Basic®: Programming with Microsoft® Visual Basic® 2012
- AUTHOR: Diane Zak
- ISBN-13: 9781285084107
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 592 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Introducing Microsoft® Visual Basic has never been easier! CLEARLY VISUAL BASIC: PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT® VISUAL BASIC 2012, 3E by best-selling programming author Diane Zak uses a simple, proven, step-by-step approach that's ideal for readers learning a first programming language. Clear, brief chapters introduce the latest Visual Basic 2012 in small, manageable segments without cumbersome technical jargon. This easy-to-follow book focuses on the fundamentals, emphasizing broader Visual Studio 2012 methods rather than specific Visual Basic functions, to ensure readers master essential programming skills that can easily transfer to other languages. This innovative approach uses visualization and applications to introduce the basics. Readers learn to analyze problem specification, then plan and create solutions using pseudocode, flowcharts, and desk-check tables for verification prior to executing code. Throughout the book, engaging figures emphasize important programming concepts, while new examples place concepts into meaningful context. Expanded, new exercises and review questions let readers practice what they're learning, while mini-quizzes and "Want More Info?" PDF files further ensure comprehension. Trust CLEARLY VISUAL BASIC: PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT® VISUAL BASIC 2012, 3E for the straight-forward approach to Visual Basic beginning programmers need for future success.
1. I am Not a Control Freak! (Control Structures).
2. First You Need to Plan the Party (Problem-Solving Process).
3. I Need a Tour Guide (Introduction to Visual Basic 2012).
4. Do It Yourself Designing (Designing Interfaces).
5. The Secret Code (Assignment Statements).
6. Where Can I Store This? (Variables and Constants).
7. What's Wrong With It? (Syntax and Logic Errors).
8. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions (Selection Structure).
9. Time to Leave the Nest (Nested Selection Structures).
10. So Many Paths…So Little Time (Multiple-Path Selection Structures).
11. Testing, Testing…1, 2, 3 (Selecting Test Data).
12. How Long Can This Go On? (Pretest Loops).
13. Do It, Then Ask Permission (Posttest Loops).
14. Let Me Count the Ways (Counter Loops).
15. I'm On the Inside; You're On the Outside (Nested Loops).
16. I Hear You Are Breaking Up (Sub Procedures).
17. Talk to Me (Function Procedures).
18. A Ray of Sunshine (One-Dimensional Arrays).
19. Parallel and Dynamic Universes (More on One-Dimensional Arrays).
20. Table Tennis, Anyone? (Two-Dimensional Arrays).
21. Building Your Own Structure (Structures).
22. I'm Saving For the Future (Sequential Access Files).
23. The String Section (String Manipulation).
24. I'm Suffering from Information Overload (Access Databases).
25. This Missing "LINQ" (Querying a Database).
26. I Love This Class (Creating a Class).
27. Getting Web-Ified (Web Applications).
Appendix A. Data Types.
Appendix B. Answers to Mini-Quizzes and TRY THIS Exercises.