Table of Contents
Part I. CAD DRAFTING AND DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS OF COMMERCIAL STRUCTURES.
1. Professional Careers and Commercial CAD Drafting.
2. The CAD Drafters Role in Office Practice and Procedure.
3. Applying CAD Tools to Commercial Drawings.
4. Introduction to International Building Codes.
5. Access Requirements for People with Disabilities.
Part II. BUILDING METHODS AND MATERIALS OF COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION.
6. Making Connections.
7. Wood and Timber Framing Methods.
8. Engineered Lumber Products.
9. Steel Framing Methods and Materials.
10. Unit Masonry Methods and Materials.
11. Concrete Methods and Materials.
12. Fire-Resistive Construction.
Part III. PREPARING ARCHITECTURAL AND CIVIL DRAWINGS.
13. Structural Considerations Affecting Construction.
14. Project Manuals and Written Specifications.
15. Land Descriptions and Drawings.
16. Floor Plan Components, Symbols and Development.
17. Orthographic Projection and Elevations.
18. Roof Plan Components and Drawings.
19. Drawing Sections.
20. Interior Elevations.
21. Ramp, Stair, and Elevator Drawings.
Part IV. PREPARING STRUCTURAL DRAWINGS.
22. Drawing Framing Plans.
23. Drawings Structural Elevations, Sections and Details.
24. Foundation Systems and Components.