- AUTHORS: J. Patrick Henderson; Dellie Rex
- ISBN-13: 9781439056509
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 736 Pages Hardcover
- 2nd Edition | Previous Editions: 2007
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
ABOUT WINE, 2E is a unique resource designed for your students who require practical information on how to manage wine and wine sales for restaurants and the hospitality business. Unlike other books on this subject, ABOUT WINE, 2E first gives your students background information on the origins of wine and how it is produced, and then builds upon this knowledge with information on the wine producing regions of the United States and the World. The numerous variations of wine produced in Europe, North America, and the Southern Hemisphere are presented for your students. Special features include detailed color diagrams and photographs, and useful appendices designed for use as a quick reference or a starting place for more research on topics of interest. This book now includes a new chapter on pairing food and wine and a new chapter on the business of wine and the role of producers, distributors and retailers.
PART I: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF WINE.
1. What Is Wine?
2. The Vineyard—From Soil to Harvest.
3. The Winery—From Grapes to Bottle.
4. Tasting Wines.
5. Food & Wine.
PART II: WINE REGIONS OF EUROPE.
8. Spain and Portugal.
10. Other European Regions and the Mediterranean.
PART III: WINE REGIONS OF NORTH AMERICA.
12. Washington and Oregon.
13. New York, Canada, and Other North American Regions.
PART IV: WINE REGIONS OF THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.
14. Australia and New Zealand.
15. Chile and Argentina.
16. South Africa.
PART V: THE BUSINESS OF WINE.
17. The Marketing & Distribution of Wine.
18. Developing and Managing a Wine List.
19. Selling & Serving Wine.
Appendix A: Wine Law in the United States.
Appendix B: American Viticultural Areas.
Appendix C: Bordeaux Classifications.
Appendix D: Wine Organizations and Publications.