Fundamentals of Python: First Programs
- AUTHOR: Kenneth A. Lambert
- ISBN-13: 9781111822705
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 510 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
In FUNDAMENTALS OF PYTHON: FIRST PROGRAMS, respected author Kenneth A. Lambert presents all of the important topics for a CS1 course while preparing your students to study additional languages. The book uses the Python programming language, which is both easy to learn for beginners and scales well to advanced applications. Lambert's back-to-basics approach will be engaging for your students looking for relevance of the concepts and applications from the text to the real world.
2. Data Types and Expressions.
3. Control Statements.
4. Strings and Text Files.
5. Lists and Dictionaries.
6. Design with Functions.
7. Simple Graphics and Image Processing.
8. Design with Classes.
9. Graphical User Interfaces.
10. Multithreading, Networks, and Client/Server Programming.
11. Searching, Sorting, and Complexity. (Online only)
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Cengage Learning representative for more information.