Table of Contents
1. Journey to Professionalism.
2. Clinical Trends in Health Care.
3. The Complete Medical Record.
4. Fundamentals of Documentation.
5. Conducting a Patient Interview.
6. Assisting Patients with Special Needs.
7. Patient Navigation and Health Coaching.
8. Principles of Infection Control.
9. Sterilization Procedures, Instrument Identification, and Surgical Supplies.
10. Assisting with Minor Surgeries.
11. Vital Signs and Measurements.
12. The Physical Exam.
13. Eye and Ear Examinations and Procedures.
14. Cardiovascular Exams and Procedures.
15. Pulmonary Examinations and Procedures.
16. Gastrointestinal Exams and Procedures.
17. Women’s Health Issues: Obstetrics and Gynecology.
18. Urology and Male Reproductive Examinations and Procedures.
19. Other Specialty Procedures.
20. Diet and Nutrition
21. Evaluation and Care of the Pediatric Patient.
22. Orthopedics, Rehabilitation, and Physical Therapy.
23. Fundamentals of the Medical Laboratory.
24. Blood Collection Techniques.
26. Hematology and Coagulation Studies.
28. Clinical Chemistry and CLIA Waived Testing.
29. Diagnostic Imaging.
30. Fundamentals of Pharmacology.
31. Dosage Calculations.
32. Administration of Parenteral Medications.
33. Responding to Medical Office Emergencies.