- AUTHORS: Darrell D. Ebbing; Steven D. Gammon
- ISBN-13: 9781285051376
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 1168 Pages Hardcover
- 10th Edition | Previous Editions: 2013
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
The tenth edition of this market-leading text has been substantially revised to meet the rapidly changing instructional demands of GENERAL CHEMISTRY professors. Known for its carefully developed, thoroughly integrated, step-by-step approach to problem solving, GENERAL CHEMISTRY helps students master quantitative skills and build a lasting conceptual understanding of key chemical concepts. The tenth edition retains this hallmark approach and builds on the conceptual focus through key new features and revisions.
Part I: BASICS OF CHEMISTRY.
1. Chemistry and Measurement.
2. Atoms, Molecules, and Ions.
3. Calculations with Chemical Formulas and Equations.
4. Chemical Reactions.
5. The Gaseous State.
Part II: ATOMIC AND MOLECULAR STRUCTURE.
7. Quantum Theory of the Atom.
8. Electron Configurations and Periodicity.
9. Ionic and Covalent Bonding.
10. Molecular Geometry and Chemical Bonding Theory.
Part III: STATES OF MATTER AND SOLUTIONS.
11. States of Matter; Liquids and Solids.
Part IV: CHEMICAL REACTIONS AND EQUILIBRIUM.
13. Rates of Reaction.
14. Chemical Equilibrium.
15. Acids and Bases.
16. Acid-Base Equilibria.
17. Solubility and Complex-Ion Equilibria.
18. Thermodynamics and Equilibrium.
Part V: NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY AND CHEMISTRY OF THE ELEMENTS.
20. Nuclear Chemistry.
21. Chemistry of the Main-Group Elements.
22. The Transition Elements and Coordination Compounds.
23. Organic Chemistry.
24. Polymer Materials: Synthetic and Biological.
Answers to Exercises.
Answers to Concept Checks.
Answers to Self-Assessment Questions.
Answers to Selected Odd-Numbered Problems.