Table of Contents
Part I: DEPARTMENTALIZED ACCOUNTING.
1. Recording Departmental Purchases and Cash Payments.
2. Recording Departmental Sales and Cash Receipts.
3. Calculating and Recording Departmental Payroll Data.
4. Financial Reporting for a Departmentalized Business.
Reinforcement Activity 1.
Simulation 1 Description.
Part II: ACCOUNTING ADJUSTMENTS AND VALUATION.
5. A Voucher System.
6. Inventory Planning and Valuation.
7. Accounting for Uncollectible Accounts.
Part III: GENERAL ACCOUNTING ADJUSTMENTS.
8. Accounting for Plant Assets.
9. Accounting for Notes Payable, Prepaid Expenses, and Accrued Expenses.
10. Accounting for Notes Receivable, Unearned Revenue, and Accrued Revenue.
11. Organizing a Corporation and Paying Dividends.
Part IV: CORPORATION ACCOUNTING.
12. Acquiring Additional Capital for a Corporation.
13. Financial Analysis and Reporting for a Corporation.
Reinforcement Activity 2.
Simulation 2 Description.
Part V: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING.
14. Budgetary Planning and Control.
15. Management Decisions Using Cost-Volume Profit Analysis.
16. Management Decisions Using Present Value Analysis.
17. Financial Statement Analysis.
18. Statement of Cash Flows.
Part VI: MANUFACTURING COST ACCOUNTING.
19. Cost Accounting for a Manufacturing Business.
20. Accounting Transactions and Financial Reporting for a Manufacturing Business.
Reinforcement Activity 3.
Simulation 3 Description.
Part VII: OTHER ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS.
21. Organizational Structure of a Partnership.
22. Financial Reporting for a Partnership.
23. Budgeting and Accounting for a Not-for-Profit Organization.
24. Financial Reporting for a Not-for-Profit Organization.
Appendix A: Accounting Concepts.
Appendix B: Costco's Annual Report.
Appendix C: Using a Calculator and Computer Keypad.
Appendix D: Recycling Problems.
Appendix E: Answers to Audit Your Understanding.
Appendix F: Financial Literacy for the 21st Century.