Phlebotomy Technician Specialist
- AUTHOR: Kathryn A. Kalanick
- ISBN-13: 9781435486447
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 576 Pages Paperback
- 2nd Edition | Previous Editions: 2004
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN SPECIALIST, 2E offers the most comprehensive information available in order to expertly perform phlebotomy tasks. Whether the student is already a Medical Laboratory Technician or cross training from another branch of Allied Health, Phlebotomy Technician Specialist, 2E is versatile enough to be used by anyone new to phlebotomy. This edition has been updated to reflect relevant National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) competency guidelines. Chapter reorganization successfully enhances the learning path for students through a more concise and logical flow of professional phlebotomist skills. With its up-to-date content, thorough examples, eye-catching illustrations, and emphasis on customer service, this textbook sets the standard for phlebotomy instruction.
1. Introduction to Phlebotomy.
2. Professional Communication Skills.
3. Medical Terminology.
4. Anatomy and Physiology.
5. Infection Control – Safety Procedures.
7. Blood Collection Equipment and Supplies.
8. Collection by Capillary Puncture.
9. Collection by Routine Venipuncture.
10. Preanalytical Errors and Complications of Blood Collection.
11. Specialized Phlebotomy Techniques.
12. Point-Of-Care Testing and Other Laboratory Tests.
13. Vital Signs.
15. Employment Skills.
Appendix: Most Commonly Ordered Diagnostic Tests