Table of Contents
Part I: ACCOUNTING FOR A SERVICE BUSINESS ORGANIZED AS A PROPRIETORSHIP.
1. Starting a Proprietorship: Changes That Affect the Accounting Equation.
2. Analyzing Transactions into Debit and Credit Parts.
3. Recording Transactions into Debit and Credit Parts.
4. Posting from a General Journal to a General Ledger.
5. Cash Control Systems.
Reinforcement Activity 1--Part A.
6. Work Sheet for a Service Business.
7. Financial Statements for a Proprietorship.
8. Recording Adjusting and Closing Entries for a Service Business.
Reinforcement Activity 1--Part B.
Simulation 1 Description.
Part II: ACCOUNTING FOR A MERCHANDISING BUSINESS ORGANIZED AS A CORPORATION.
9. Journalizing Purchases and Cash Payments.
10. Journalizing Sales and Cash Receipts Using Special Journals.
11. Posting to General and Subsidiary Ledgers.
12. Preparing Payroll Records.
13. Payroll Accounting, Taxes, and Reports.
Reinforcement Activity 2--Part A.
14. Distributing Dividends and Preparing a Work Sheet for a Merchandising Business.
15. Financial Statements for a Corporation.
16. Recording Adjusting and Closing Entries for a Corporation.
Reinforcement Activity 2--Part B.
Simulation 2 Description.
Part III: ACCOUNTING FOR A MERCHANDISING BUSINESS ORGANIZED AS A CORPORATION--ADJUSTMENTS AND VALUATION.
17. Accounting for Uncollectible Accounts Receivable.
18. Accounting for Plant Assets and Depreciation.
19. Accounting for Inventory.
20. Accounting for Notes and Interest.
Reinforcement Activity 3--Part A.
21. Accounting for Accrued Revenue and Expenses.
22. End-of-Fiscal-Period Work for a Corporation.
Reinforcement Activity 3--Part B.
Simulation 3 Description.
Part IV: ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTING PROCEDURES.
23. Accounting for Partnerships.
24. Recording International and Internet Sales.
Appendix A: Statement of Cash Flows.
Appendix B: Best Buy's Annual Report.
Appendix C: Using a Calculator and Computer Keypad.
Appendix D: Recycling Problems.
Appendix E: Answers to Audit Your Understanding.
Appendix F: Financial Literacy for the 21st Century.