Cengage’s Medical Assisting: Administrative Skills, 2 terms (Instant Access)
- AUTHOR: Cengage Learning
- ISBN-13: 9781305875036
- Mixed Media
- 1st Edition
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
MEDICAL ASSISTING, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access for CENGAGE’S MEDICAL ASSISTING: ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS is more essential than ever in today's rapidly evolving health care industry. Renewed focus on curriculum excellence, certification, and critical externships are all part of the performance criteria. Medical Assistants train in a variety of administrative tasks, including: Keyboarding and computer applications; Recordkeeping and accounting; Coding and insurance processing; Office practices; Patient relations; and Medical law and ethics. CENGAGE’S MEDICAL ASSISTING: ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS provides future medical assistants with narrated, step-by-step video training in all of these key administrative skills. Contact your Learning Consultant for custom pricing.
Part I: COMMUNICATION.
1. Phone Calls.
2. Requesting Prescription Refill.
3. Scheduling Inpatient and Outpatient Admissions.
4. Business Correspondence.
5. Outgoing Mail.
Part II: PATIENT RECORD.
6. New Patient Registration.
7. Scanning Documents into EHR.
Part III: MEDICAL INSURANCE AND CODING.
8. Managed Care Policies and Procedures.
9. Obtaining Referrals and Authorizations.
10. Coding and Classification (18-1).
11. Insurance Payments and Adjustments.
12. Insurance Billing.
Part IV: FINANCIAL PROCEDURES.
13. Explaining Financial Obligations During Telephone Interview.
14. Itemized Patient Statements.
15. Preparing Collection Letters.
16. Preparing a Deposit.
17. Petty Cash Fund.
18. Posting Non-Sufficient Funds.
19. Posting/Recording Collection Agency Adjustments.
Part V: EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE.
20. Performing an Inventory.
21. Routine Maintenance and Calibration of Clinical Equipment.