- AUTHOR: Floyd Vogt
- ISBN-13: 9781133607366
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 928 Pages Hardcover
- 6th Edition | Previous Editions: 2010, 2006, 2001
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Effectively equip today's students to become professional carpenters with the in-depth coverage and practical applications found in Vogt's Carpentry, 6E. This popular bestseller by well-known expert Floyd Vogt presents the intricate system of contemporary light frame building construction using reader-friendly, step-by-step procedures. CARPENTRY, 6E follows the logical path of a residential project, using thorough explanations, easy-to-follow diagrams and dynamic onsite visuals to explore building plans, sitework and layout, footings and foundations, framing, interior and exterior surfaces, cabinetry, and more. This edition blends all of the essential information for traditional construction with today's latest practices, including contemporary safety tools and techniques, use of alternative construction, such as concrete forms, and "green" building techniques. This edition also demonstrates more on how techniques apply to commercial drawings and construction. From building layout through finishing with trim carpentry, each section features step-by-step procedures for key carpentry jobs with tips of the trade and insight into today's industry. Photo-realistic drawings convey many concepts and procedures with detailed, easy to understand information. The new online CourseMate provides interactive learning tools for you and your students. Separately, digitally delivered, time-saving instructor resources help you give today's readers the instruction they need for success as professional carpenters.
SECTION I: TOOLS AND MATERIALS.
UNIT 1. Wood and Lumber.
UNIT 2. Engineered Panels.
3. Rated Plywood and Panel.
4. Nonstructural Panels.
UNIT 3. Engineered Lumber Products.
5. Laminated Veneer Lumber.
6. Parallel Strand Lumber and Laminated Strand Lumber.
7. Wood I-Joists.
8. Glue-Laminated Lumber.
UNIT 4. Fasteners.
9. Nails, Screws, and Bolts.
10. Anchors and Adhesives.
UNIT 5. Hand Tools.
11. Layout Tools.
12. Boring and Cutting Tools.
13. Fastening and Dismantling Tools.
UNIT 6. Portable Power Tools.
14. Saws, Drills, and Drivers.
15. Planes, Routers, and Sanders.
16. Fastening Tools.
UNIT 7. Stationary Power Tools.
17. Circular Saw Blades.
18. Radial Arm and Miter Saws.
19. Table Saws.
UNIT 8. Jobsite Safety and Scaffolds
20. Jobsite Safety and Construction Aids.
UNIT 9. Architectural Plans and Building Codes
22. Understanding Architectural Plans.
23. Floor Plans.
24. Sections and Elevations.
25. Plot and Foundation Plans.
26. Building Codes and Zoning Regulations.
SECTION II: ROUGH CARPENTRY.
UNIT 10. Building Layout.
27. Leveling and Layout Tools.
28. Laying Out Foundation Lines.
UNIT 11. Concrete Form Construction.
29. Foundations and Concrete.
30. Flatwork Forms.
31. Vertical Formwork.
32. Concrete Stair Forms.
33. Foundation Damp Proofing and Termite Control
UNIT 12. Floor Framing.
34. Wood Frame Construction.
35. Layout and Construction of the Floor Frame.
UNIT 13. Exterior Wall Framing.
36. Exterior Wall Frame Parts.
37. Framing the Exterior Wall.
UNIT 14. Interior Rough Work.
38. Interior Partitions and Ceiling Joists.
39. Backing, Blocking, and Furring.
40. Steel Framing.
UNIT 15. Roof Framing.
41. Roof Types and Terms.
42. Gable and Shed Roofs.
43. Trussed Roofs.
UNIT 16. Advanced Roof Framing.
44. Hip Roofs.
45. Intersecting Roofs.
46. Advanced Roofing Details.
UNIT 17. Stair Framing.
47. Stairways and Stair Design.
48. Stair Layout and Construction.
UNIT 18. Insulation and Ventilation.
49. Thermal and Acoustical Insulation.
50. Condensation and Ventilation
SECTION III: EXTERIOR FINISH.
UNIT 19. Roofing.
51. Asphalt Shingles and Tile Roofing.
52. Wood Shingles and Shakes.
UNIT 20. Windows.
54. Window Terms and Types.
55. Window Installation and Glazing.
UNIT 21. Exterior Doors.
56. Door Frame Construction and Installation.
57. Door Fitting and Hanging.
58. Installing Exterior Door Hardware.
UNIT 22. Siding and Cornice Construction.
59. Siding Types and Sizes.
60. Applying Vertical and Horizontal Siding.
61. Wood Shingle and Shake Siding.
62. Aluminum and Vinyl Siding.
63. Cornice Terms and Design.
64. Gutters and Downspouts.
UNIT 23. Decks, Porches, and Fences.
65. Deck and Porch Construction.
66. Fence Design and Erection.
SECTION IV: INTERIOR FINISH.
UNIT 24. Drywall Construction.
67. Gypsum Board.
68. Single-Layer and Multilayer Drywall Application.
69. Concealing Fasteners and Joints.
UNIT 25. Wall Paneling and Ceiling Finish.
70. Types of Wall Paneling.
71. Application of Wall Paneling.
72. Ceramic Tile.
UNIT 26. Finish Floors.
74. Description of Wood Finish Floors.
75. Laying Wood Finish Floor.
76. Underlayment and Resilient Tile.
UNIT 27. Interior Doors and Door Frames.
77. Description of Interior Doors.
78. Installation of Interior Doors and Door Frames.
UNIT 28. Interior Trim.
79. Description and Application of Molding.
80. Application of Door Casings, Base, and Window Trim.
UNIT 29. Stair Finish.
81. Description of Stair Finish.
82. Finishing Open and Closed Staircases.
83. Balustrade Installation.
UNIT 30. Cabinets and Countertops.
84. Cabinet Design and Installation.
85. Cabinet Construction.