The Pharmacy Technician: A Comprehensive Approach
- AUTHOR: Jahangir Moini
- ISBN-13: 9781305093089
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 832 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition | Previous Editions: 2011
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN: A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH, 3e is an ideal first resource for beginning a rewarding pharmacy career. The book gives readers the knowledge and skills required for working with a licensed pharmacist in a variety of clinical and retail settings. Readings explore medical and pharmaceutical terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, pharmaceutical techniques, sterile compounding, pharmacy recordkeeping, pharmacy law and ethics, and much more. Designed for beginners, THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN: A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH, 3e is packed with helpful study aids.to learn medical terminology, create awareness of common errors, and to fine tune critical thinking and problem solving skills. The book is also an ideal resource for experienced pharmacy technicians in need of continuing education or those preparing for national certification exams.
SECTION I: INTRODUCTION.
1. History of Pharmacy.
2. The Foundation of Pharmaceutical Care.
3. Pharmacy Law and Ethics for Technicians.
SECTION II: ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE FOR THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN.
4. Pharmaceutical and Medical Terminology and Abbreviations.
5. Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration.
7. Immunology and Vaccines.
8. Safety in the Workplace.
10. Drug Actions and Interactions.
11. Medication Errors.
SECTION III: BODY SYSTEMS WITH COMMON DISORDERS AND TREATMENTS.
12. Integumentary System.
13. Musculoskeletal System.
14. Nervous System.
15. Sight and Hearing.
16. Endocrine System.
17. Cardiovascular System.
18. Lymphatic System.
19. Respiratory System.
20. Urinary System.
21. Digestive System.
22. Reproductive System.
SECTION IV: MATHEMATICS AND CALCULATIONS REVIEW.
23. Basic Mathematics.
24. Measurement Systems.
25. Calculation of Dosages.
SECTION V: PHARMACY PRACTICE SETTINGS.
26. Hospital Pharmacy Practice.
27. Community Pharmacy.
28. Advanced Pharmacy.
29. Extemporaneous Prescription Compounding.
30. Sterile Compounding.
SECTION VI: ADMINISTRATIVE.
31. Financial Management of Pharmacy Operations.
32. Health Insurance.
33. Documentation, Billing, and Collections.
34. Inventory Control.
35. Computers in the Pharmacy.
Appendix A: Professional Organizations.
Appendix B: Professional Journals.
Appendix C: State Boards of Pharmacy.
Appendix D: Top 200 Drugs by Prescriptions Dispensed.
Appendix E: Top 25 Herbal Remedies.