Safety, Nutrition and Health in Early Education
- AUTHOR: Cathie Robertson
- ISBN-13: 9781305088900
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 656 Pages Paperback
- 6th Edition | Previous Editions: 2013
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
SAFETY, NUTRITION, AND HEALTH IN EARLY EDUCATION, Sixth Edition, uses theory, practical applications, and resources to prepare early childhood education students for a career in working with children from birth to age eight in multicultural and socioeconomically diverse early childhood settings. This text emphasizes healthy development, including environmental health and safety, active supervision, and how brain development can be affected by issues surrounding safety, nutrition, health, child maltreatment, and mental and emotional health. It also fully integrates NAEYC, DAP, and AAP/APHA professional standards throughout, and includes strategies for how to engage diverse families from various backgrounds and beliefs, and also those whose children have special needs.
Section I: INTRODUCTION.
1. A Holistic Environmental Approach to Healthy Development in Early Childhood Education.
Section II: SAFETY IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION.
2. Creating Safe Environments.
3. Indoor Safety.
4. Outdoor Safety.
5. Emergency Response Procedures.
Section III: NUTRITION IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION.
6. Basic Nutrition for Children.
7. Protecting Good Nutrition for Healthy Development.
8. Providing Good Nutrition for Diverse Children.
9. Meal Planning and Food Safety.
Section IV: HEALTH IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION ENVIRONMENTS.
10. Tools for Promoting Good Health in Children.
11. Prevention of Illness through Infection Control.
12. Promoting Wellness through Supportive Health Care.
13. Providing for Special Health Care Needs.
Section V: CURRENT ISSUES IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION SAFETY, NUTRITION, AND HEALTH.
14. Child Maltreatment.
15. Fostering Good Mental Health and Emotional Well-Being in Children.