Milady Standard Cosmetology
- AUTHOR: Milady
- ISBN-13: 9781285769417
- 1129 Pages Hardcover
- 13th Edition | Previous Editions: 2012, 2008, 2004
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Milady has evolved for over 85 years to become what it is today, the cornerstone of beauty and wellness education. We are very excited and proud to announce the latest edition of Milady Standard Cosmetology, the most commonly used resource in cosmetology education. For decades since our first textbook published, it has been our commitment to provide students with the foundation in the principles and skills needed to master the science and art of cosmetology, and with this latest version that commitment has not waivered. For the new edition, celebrity stylist Ted Gibson served as Creative Director on the project. The result is a brilliant new design with over 750 new photos and a gorgeous layout, providing a visually stunning resource to engage today's learner. We also recruited a team of twelve authors, made up of top professionals and educators in the industry, to provide the most current information on concepts and techniques. During our extensive peer review and development process, we were asked for a resource that placed emphasis on essential content needed for licensure success, and we feel confident that we delivered. Milady Standard Cosmetology will continue to be a source of education that students can count on, not only while in school, but throughout their careers.
Part I: ORIENTATION.
1. History and Career Opportunities.
2. Life Skills.
3. Your Professional Image.
4. Communicating for Success.
Part II: GENERAL SCIENCES.
5. Infection Control: Principles and Practices.
6. General Anatomy and Physiology.
7. Skin Structure, Growth, and Nutrition.
8. Skin Disorders and Diseases.
9. Nail Structure and Growth.
10. Nail Disorders and Diseases.
11. Properties of the Hair and Scalp.
12. Basics of Chemistry.
13. Basics of Electricity.
Part III: HAIR CARE.
14. Principles of Hair Design.
15. Scalp Care, Shampooing, and Conditioning.
18. Braiding and Braid Extensions.
19. Wigs and Hair Additions.
20. Chemical Texture Services.
Part IV: SKIN CARE.
22. Hair Removal.
24. Facial Makeup.
25. Part V: NAIL CARE.
28. Nail Tips and Wraps.
29. Monomer Liquid and Polymer Powder Nail Enhancements.
30. Light Cured Gels.
Part VI: BUSINESS SKILLS.
31. Preparing for Licensure and Employment.
32. On the Job.
33. The Salon Business.