- includes Religion CourseMate with eBook Printed Access Card
- AUTHOR: Robert E. Van Voorst
- ISBN-13: 9781111726201
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 368 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
In both content and design, RELG: WORLD aims to meet course challenges of lower cost, brevity, and relevance to students. Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process with over 500 students and faculty, RELG: WORLD is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today's learners at a value-based price. Brief, clear, inexpensive, and intensely visual, RELG: WORLD's price and its visually engaging 4LTR Press treatment will attract students without repelling instructors, and the tear-out Chapter in Review cards will encourage retention. The accompanying eBook will also include numerous annotated links to interactive maps, videos, audio pronunciations, Google Earth® explorations, and primary sources. Professors are always looking for ways to make religions practiced in distant places and times "come alive" for their students. RELG: WORLD's framing of the study of different religions as encounters between the religions' adherents and individuals like their students resonates with students' needs. Furthermore, Van Voorst's best-selling ANTHOLOGY OF WORLD SCRIPTURES offers instructors the option of creating a custom edition incorporating additional primary-source readings.
1. Beginning Your Study of World Religions.
2. Encountering Indigenous Religions: Ways to Tribal Life.
3. Encountering Hinduism: Many Paths to Liberation.
4. Encountering Jainism: The Austere Way to Liberation.
5. Encountering Buddhism: The Middle Path to Liberation.
6. Encountering Sikhism: The Way of God's Name.
7. Encountering Daoism and Confucianism: Two Views of the Eternal Way.
8. Encountering Shinto: The Way of the Kami.
9. Encountering Zoroastrianism: The Way of the One Wise Lord.
10. Encountering Judaism: The Way of God's Chosen People.
11. Encountering Christianity: The Way of Salvation in Jesus Christ.
12. Encountering Islam: The Straight Path of the One God.
13. Encountering New Religious Movements: Modern Ways to Alternative Meanings.