Electronics for Electricians
- AUTHOR: Stephen L. Herman
- ISBN-13: 9781111127800
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 480 Pages Paperback
- 6th Edition | Previous Editions: 2007, 2002, 1995
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
The Sixth Edition of ELECTRONICS FOR ELECTRICIANS is a practical and relevant guide for anyone preparing for a career in industrial settings. With its updated graphics and increased coverage of important topics, this text helps students understand components and circuits in terms of how they work, what they do, how to use them, and how to test them. Review questions and problems in every chapter expose students to the electronic devices commonly found in industry, as well as the circuit applications of those devices.
1. The Oscilloscope.
3. Power Rating and Heat Sinking Components.
4. Junction Diodes.
5. Light-Emitting-Diodes (LEDs) and Photodiodes.
6. Single-Phase Rectifiers.
7. The Polyphase Rectifier.
9. Special Diodes.
10. The Transistor.
11. The Transistor Switch.
12. The Transistor Amplifier.
13. The Darlington Amplifier.
14. Field Effect Transistors.
15. Current Generators.
16. The Unijunction Transistor.
17. The SCR in a DC Circuit.
18. The SCR in an AC Current.
19. Phase Shifting an SCR.
20. UJT Phase Shifting for an SCR.
21. SCR Control of a Full-Wave Rectifier.
22. A Solid-State Alarm with Battery Backup.
23. The Diac and Silicon Bilateral Switch.
24. The Triac.
25. Phase Shifting the Triac.
26. Other Methods of AC Voltage Control.
27. The Solid-State Relay.
28. The Oscillator.
29. The DC to DC Voltage Double.
30. The Off-Delay Timer.
31. The On-Delay Timer.
32. The Pulse Timer.
33. The 555 Timer.
34. The 555 Timer Used as an Oscillator.
35. The 555 On-Delay Timer.
36. The 555 Pulse Timer.
37. Above and Below-Ground Power Supplies.
38. The Operational Amplifier.
39. The 741 Op Amp Level Detector.
40. The 741 Operational Amplifier Used as an Oscillator.
41. Voltage Regulators.
42. Digital Logic.
43. The Bounceless Switches. Circuit Applications.
44.Design of Circuit #1 (Photodetector).
45. Design of Circuit #2 (Animal Feeder).
46. Design of Circuit #3 (Solid-State Pushbutton Control).
47. Design of Circuit #4 (Electronic Locks).
48. Design of Circuit #5 (Solid-State Thermostat).
Appendix A: Testing Solid-State Components.
Procedure 1: Testing a Diode.
Procedure 2: Testing a Transistor.
Procedure 3: Testing a Unijunction Transistor.
Procedure 4: Testing a SCR.
Procedure 5: Testing a Triac.
Appendix B: Ohm''s Law Formulas.
Appendix C: Parts List.
Appendix D: Schematic Symbols.
Appendix E: Conversation Factors for Sine-Wave Voltages.