Books in each zone have been selected to engage and motivate struggling readers.
Each book includes the following:
- Book and/or chapter Previews prepare students for the story to come.
- The On-Page Glossary provides substitute words or phrases to help students keep reading fluently.
- Before You Move On provides frequent checks to help ensure the students are comprehending.
- Look Ahead supports active reading by helping students anticipate plot developments.
- At the end of every book, The Exchange promotes thinking and conversation about the book.
These downloadable features are also included:
- Teacher's Guides provide mini-lessons to access strategies and guide the reading for each title.
- Student Journals provide interactive support for students' independent reading.