- AUTHOR: John C. Peterson
- ISBN-13: 9781111540463
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 976 Pages Hardcover
- 4th Edition | Previous Editions: 2004, 1997, 1994
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
TECHNICAL MATHEMATICS provides a thorough review of pre calculus topics ranging from algebra and geometry to trigonometry and analytic geometry, with a strong emphasis on their applications in specific occupations. Students preparing for technical, engineering technology or scientific careers will benefit from the text's breadth of coverage and practical focus, as well as integrated calculator and spreadsheet examples that teach them to solve problems the way professionals do on the job. Written in an easy-to-understand manner, this comprehensive text complements core content with numerous application-oriented exercises and examples to help students apply their knowledge of mathematics and technology to situations they may encounter in their future work. The Fourth Edition of this proven text includes abundant new material, including a new chapter on computer number systems, integrated coverage of spreadsheets, and new and updated examples and exercises throughout the text. In addition, the text's companion CourseMate and Instructors Web site now feature even more teaching and learning resources for faculty and students, including a powerful new online homework solution as well as 12 bonus chapters of calculus material.
1. The Real Number System.
2. Algebraic Concepts and Operations of Equations.
4. Functions and Graphs.
5. An Introduction to Trigonometry and Variation.
6. Systems of Linear Equations and Determinants.
7. Factoring and Algebraic Fractions.
8. Vectors and Trigonometric Functions
9. Fractional and Quadratic Equations.
10. Graphs of Trigonometric Functions
11. Exponents and Radicals.
12. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
13. Statistics and Empirical Methods.
14. Complex Numbers.
15. An Introduction to Plane Analytic Geometry.
16. Computer Number Systems.
17. Higher Degree Equations.
18. Systems of Equations and Inequalities.
20. Sequences, Series, and the Binomial Formula.
21. Trigonometric Formulas, Identities, and Equations.
22. An Introduction to Calculus.
Appendix A: The Metric System.
Appendix B: Table of Integrals
Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises
Index of Applications.
The following chapters are available in CourseMate:
23. The Derivative
24. Applications of Derivatives
26. Applications of Integration
27. Derivatives of Transcendental Functions
28. Techniques of Integration
29. Parametric Equations, Vectors, and Polar Coordinates
30. Partial Derivatives and Multiple Integrals
31. Infinite Series
32. First-Order Differential Equations
33. Higher-Order Differential Equations
34. Numerical Methods and LaPlace Transforms.