- AUTHOR: Barbara Engler
- ISBN-13: 9781285088808
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 528 Pages Hardcover
- 9th Edition | Previous Editions: 2009, 2006, 2003
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
The Ninth Edition of PERSONALITY THEORIES continues to provide sound and thorough coverage enhanced with solid pedagogy, a critical-thinking focus, and integration of multicultural and gender-related issues. Each chapter focuses on one theory or group of theories and includes brief biographies that shed light on how the theories were formed. Engler also provides criteria for evaluating each theory and cites current relevant research. A final chapter on Zen Buddhism covers a major non-Western theory of personality and serves to distinguish this program in the field. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
1. Introduction: Evaluating Personality Theories.
Part I: THE PSYCHOANALYTIC APPROACH.
Part II: THE NEOPSYCHOANALYTIC APPROACH.
3. Analytical Psychology.
4. Interpsychic Theories.
5. Psychoanalytic Social Psychology.
Part III: MORE RECENT TRENDS IN PSYCHOANALYTIC THEORY.
6. Ego Analytic Psychology.
7. Human Relations.
Part IV: BEHAVIOR AND LEARNING THEORIES.
8. Experimental Analysis of Behavior.
9. Social Learning Theories.
Part V: DISPOSITIONAL AND BIOLOGICAL THEORIES.
10. Traits and Personology.
11. Factor Analytic, Genetic, and Evolutionary Theories
12. Biological Traits.
Part VI: HUMANISTIC AND EXISTENTIAL THEORIES.
14. Existential Psychoanalysis.
Part VII: COGNITIVE THEORIES.
15. Personal Constructs.
16. Cognitive-Behavioral Theories.
Part VIII: A NON-WESTERN APPROACH.
17. Zen Buddhism.
CONCLUSION: Personality Theory in Perspective.