Survey of Accounting
- AUTHOR: Carl S. Warren
- ISBN-13: 9781133189121
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 736 Pages Hardcover
- 6th Edition | Previous Editions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
SURVEY OF ACCOUNTING, 6E provides an overview of the basic topics of financial and managerial accounting, without emphasizing the use of debits and credits. Written for students who have no prior knowledge of accounting, this text emphasizes how accounting reports are used by managers, investors, and other business stakeholders. The unique Integrated Financial Statement Framework shows how transactions impact the three primary financial statements, showing the integrated nature of accounting. The Sixth Edition offers CengageNOW as your premier online homework solution.
1. The Role of Accounting in Business.
2. Basic Accounting Concepts.
3. Accrual Accounting Concepts.
4. Accounting for Merchandising Businesses.
5. Sarbanes-Oxley, Internal Control, and Cash.
6. Receivables and Inventories.
7. Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets.
8. Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity.
9. Financial Statement Analysis.
10. Accounting Systems for Manufacturing Businesses.
11. Cost Behavior and Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.
12. Differential Analysis and Product Pricing.
13. Budgeting and Standard Cost Systems.
14. Performance Evaluation for Decentralized Operations.
15. Capital Investment Analysis.
Appendix A: Double-Entry Accounting Systems.
Appendix B: Process Cost Systems.