- AUTHORS: Rudolph F. Verderber; Kathleen S. Verderber; Deanna D. Sellnow
- ISBN-13: 9780538446556
- 416 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS gives students the skill set they need to become effective, dynamic communicators in higher education or the workforce. Packed with exercises and hands-on activities, students can practice the theories and concepts they've learned to see how they're applicable to the world around them. Students will also learn about communication through the Internet as well as social media.
Unit I: COMMUNICATION BASICS.
1. Communicating for Success.
2. Intrapersonal Communication.
3. Verbal Communication.
4. Nonverbal Communication.
5. Listening and Responding.
Unit II: COMMUNICATING IN PROFESSIONAL AND SOCIAL CONTEXT.
6. Communication Skills in Interpersonal Relationships.
7. Communication Across Cultures.
Unit III: COMMUNICATING IN PROFESSIONAL GROUPS, TEAMS, AND COMMITTEES.
9. Communicating in Groups.
10. Group Roles.
11. Problem Solving.
12. Managing Conflict.
Unit IV: MAKING PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS.
13. Planning and Researching a Presentation.
14. Organizing a Presentation.
15. Developing Support Materials.
16. Practicing, Delivering, and Evaluating a Presentation.