- AUTHORS: June Jamrich Parsons; Dan Oja
- ISBN-13: 9781285077307
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 320 Pages Paperback
- 7th Edition
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Recipient of the 2014 TAA Textbook Excellence Award Part of the Practical series, this text offers an engaging, interactive approach to teaching PC concepts. With a Frequently Asked Questions format, this text provides information on concepts, skills, and tips on becoming a more proficient computer user in a friendly, accessible approach. The companion BookOnCD features videos, animations, screen tours, and activities, giving students hands-on experience with their PC.
Before You Begin.
PART I: PC BASICS.
1. Getting Started.
2. Looking at Windows.
3. Installing and Using Software.
PART II: COMPUTER FILES.
4. File Basics.
5. Organizing Files and Folders.
6. Protecting Files.
PART III: THE INTERNET, THE WEB, AND E-MAIL.
7. Connecting to the Internet.
8. Browsing and Searching the Web.
9. Sending E-Mail and Attachments.
PART IV: APPLICATION SOFTWARE.
10. Writing and Printing Documents.
11. Working with Spreadsheets.
12. Accessing Databases.
13. Making Presentations.
PART V: GRAPHICS, SOUND, AND VIDEO.
14. Recording and Editing Sound.
15. Working with Graphics.
16. Creating Desktop Video and Animation.
PART VI: CHIPS AND CODE.
17. Looking "Under the Hood".
18. Computing Programming.