- AUTHORS: William Boyes; Michael Melvin
- ISBN-13: 9781111826147
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 528 Pages Paperback
- 9th Edition | Previous Editions: 2011, 2008, 2005
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Introduce the latest thinking of today's economists on important macroeconomic phenomena while equipping your students with a solid global understanding of macroeconomic principles with Boyes/Melvin's MACROECONOMICS, 9E. Now you can clearly illustrate the connections between key macroeconomic principles and today's actual business practices with this book's reader-friendly approach, carefully integrated learning features, memorable examples, and unique global emphasis. Timely revisions and the latest macroeconomic statistics ensure you are teaching using the most recent data and developments. Revised macroeconomics materials emphasize the fundamentals and the practical application of concepts to current events. New macroeconomics coverage highlights the recent financial crisis and its global implications. Your students gain in-depth understanding of globalization and its impact on economic growth and poverty. Effective, leading teaching and learning technology and a full range of supplements, including the best-selling Aplia™ homework system and CourseMate online tools, help you create a complete macroeconomics program that clarifies and emphasizes the importance of concepts for business success.
Part I: INTRODUCTION TO THE PRICE SYSTEM.
1. Economics: The World Around You.
Appendix: working with Graphs.
2. Choice, Opportunity Costs, and Specialization.
3. Markets, Demand and Supply, and the Price System.
4. The Market System and the Private and Public Sectors.
Part II: MACROECONOMIC BASICS.
5. National Income Accounting.
6. An Introduction to the Foreign Exchange market and the Balance of Payments.
7. Unemployment and Inflation.
8. Macroeconomic Equilibrium: Aggregate Demand and Supply.
9. Aggregate Expenditures.
Appendix: An Algebraic Model of Aggregate Expenditures.
10. Income and Expenditures Equilibrium.
Appendix: An Algebraic Model of Income and Expenditures Equilibrium.
Part III: MACROECONOMIC POLICY.
11. Fiscal Policy.
Appendix: An Algebraic Examination of the Balanced-Budget Change in Fiscal Policy.
12. Money and Banking.
13. Monetary Policy.
14. Macroeconomic Policy: Tradeoffs, Expectations, Credibility, and Sources of Business Cycles.
15. Macroeconomic Viewpoints: New Keynesian, Monetarist, and New Classical.
16. Economic Growth.
17. Development Economies.
Part IV: ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE.
34. World Trade Equilibrium.
35. International Trade Restrictions.
36. Exchange Rates and Financial Links Between Countries.