Table of Contents
1. Understanding Earth: A Dynamic and Evolving Planet.
2. Plate Tectonics: A Unifying Theory.
3. Minerals: The Building Blocks of Rocks.
4. Igneous Rocks and Intrusive Igneous Activity.
5. Volcanoes and Volcanism.
6. Weathering, Soil, and Sedimentary Rocks.
7. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks.
8. Earthquakes and Earth's Interior.
9. Deformation, Mountain Building, and the Continents.
10. Mass Wasting.
11. Running Water.
13. Glaciers and Glaciation.
14. The Work of Wind and Deserts.
15. Shorelines and Shoreline Processes.
16. Geologic Time: Concepts and Principles.
17. Earth History.
18. Life History.