Diesel Engine Videos
- AUTHORS: Sean Bennett; Douglas L. Potter
- ISBN-13: 9781133592563
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- Mixed Media
- 1st Edition
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
DIESEL ENGINE VIDEOS contain 57 original videos, each averaging 2 minutes in length, on topics that cover both the theory and servicing of modern diesel engines, fuel and engine management systems. Designed to accompany the Fourth Edition of Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Engines, Fuel & Computerized Management Systems, the videos provide step-by-step demonstrations of some of the key shop floor procedures undertaken by technicians. There is an emphasis on service and maintenance tasks, and up-to-date equipment and tools are used in the demonstrations. Basic engine service techniques, engine reconditioning, and operations such as connecting to a chassis data bus are covered, along with demonstrations of dynamometer test bed procedure. The videos were scripted and filmed with expert oversight at every step to insure the highest degree of authenticity and technical accuracy. They are ideally suited as attention-getting additions to the Powerpoint presentations available with Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Engines, Fuel & Computerized Management Systems, or to an instructor's own lecture materials. The video files are available on CD-ROM and come with a chart correlating them to relevant Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Engines, Fuel & Computerized Management Systems 4e chapters and to the NATEF Task List. Give your students the advantage of understanding important repair procedures before they walk in the shop!
1. Diesel Cycle.
2. Measuring End Gap.
3. Installing Piston Rings.
4. Installing a Piston Pack Using a Ring Compressor.
5. Assembling Connecting Rods.
6. Measuring the Crankshaft.
7. Using Plastigage.
8. Bearing Roll Over Demonstration.
9. Measuring Crankshaft Endplay.
10. Installing a Ring Gear onto a Flywheel.
11. Measuring Camshaft Lift in V-Blocks.
12. Installing a Camshaft Bushing.
13. Removing and Reinstalling Cylinder Head Valves Using Spring Compressor.
14. Using a Spring Tension Tester.
15. Using a Depth Micrometer to Measure Valve Protrusion and Recession.
16. Companion Cylinder Identification.
17. Adjusting Valve Bridges Using Thickness Gauges.
18. Adjusting a Set of Valves Using Correct Procedure.
19. Barring an Engine into Correct Position.
20. Pulling a Cylinder Liner.
21. Installing Liner O-rings.
22. Installing Liners.
23. Measuring Cylinder Block Deck.
24. Identifying Liner Cavitation and Outlining Its Causes.
25. Flywheel Housing Concentricity.
26. Glaze Busting.
27. Change Oil Filter.
28. Oil Sampling.
29. Coolant Test Strip Analysis.
30. Using a Refractometer.
31. Coolant Pressure Testing.
32. Air Inlet Restriction Indicator.
33. Replacing a Dry Element Air Filter.
34. Engine Retarders.
35. T-Puller to Remove Pulley.
36. Engine Disassembly Practices.
37. Magnaflux Testing.
38. Measuring a Connecting Rod.
39. Pre-Lubricating an Engine.
40. Dynamometer Test Bed.
41. Chassis Dynamometer Test.
42. Replacing a Fuel Filter.
43. Changing a Multi-Function Fuel Filter.
44. NOP Test on Injector.
45. Removing Injector with a Heel Bar.
46. Ultrasonic Cleaning Injector Nozzle.
47. Resistance and Voltage Reading.
48. Current Clamp Reading.
49. Voltage Drop.
50. Connecting Hand-Held EST.
51. Connecting a Laptop to a Vehicle.
52. Connecting an OEM SIS.
53. Assemble a Weatherproof Connector.
54. Calibration Programming an Electronic Injector.
55. Setting Injector Height.
56. Active Regeneration of DPF.
57. Loss of Power.