Hot Topics 1
- AUTHOR: Cheryl Pavlik
- ISBN-13: 9781413007022
- 192 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2005 Published
- Level(s): Low-intermediate (US)
- List Price = $ 52.95 | College Wholesale (Net) Price $40.00
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
HOT TOPICS is guaranteed to engage readers, stimulate thinking, and provoke conversation while developing vocabulary and reading skills. The controversial topics explored in the text all have more than one side to them, thus encouraging debate and classroom discussion.
1. Pampered Pets: Love me? Love my dog!
2. Silly Sports: Can you really call this a sport?
3. Modern Marriage: Until Death do us part?
4. Shopping: The new drug of choice.
5. Las Vegas: Sin City.
6. Shoplifting: Why is the price tag still on your hat?
7. Gluttony: Is thinner really better?
8. Get Rich Quick: Have I got a deal for YOU!
9. Sports Doping: How much does it matter if you win or lose?
10. White-collar Crime: When A LOT just isn't enough!
11. The Homeless: It's not their choice.
12. Beauty Contests: The business of beauty.
13. Drug Trends: Legal but lethal.
14. Nature: Paradise lost: Can we get it back?
Appendix 1. Information about the Homeless.
Appendix 2. CNN Video Activities.
Appendix 3. Vocabulary Index.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Cengage Learning representative for more information.