News and Events
Eleven Cengage Learning Products Named Finalists for 2016 SIIA CODiE Awards
Cengage Learning's Product Design Places Students at the Center
of the Learning Experience
Boston, MA, April 1, 2015 - Cengage Learning's innovative technology products have been named finalists across 11 categories in the 2016 CODiE Awards, the annual awards of the Software
& Information Industry Association (SIIA). Products receiving finalist honors include apps, collaboration tools, online learning solutions and other digital products spanning higher education, as well as several
library reference and research solutions from Gale, part of Cengage Learning.
"Smart product design stems from a deep understanding of the populations we serve," said Jim Donohue, Chief Product Officer, Cengage Learning. "Improving learning outcomes is our guiding light as we design digital solutions based on feedback from thousands of students and instructors. Recognition as CODiE finalists from our peers, partners and customers validates that by placing learners at the center of everything we do, we are enriching the user experience and improving learning through technology."
Cengage Learning finalists and associated categories include:
- 4LTR Press Online – a digital learning solution that provides personalized study and assessment functionality
- Best Postsecondary Learning Content Solution
- Best Educational App for a Mobile Device
- Miss Humblebee's Academy – an online kindergarten-readiness learning solution
- Best PreK / Early Childhood Learning Solution
- MindTap English Handbook – an all-in-one digital solution for college composition courses
- Best Source for Reference or Education Resources
- Best Reading/English/Language Arts Instructional Solution
- Classroom in Context (CLiC) – a web based curriculum portal that incorporates Gale's multimedia library content
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution
- Analytics On Demand – Gale's big data analytics solution for public libraries
- Best Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics Solution
- Conectados – an innovative introductory Spanish program designed to help students connect with the Spanish-speaking world
- Best Collaborative Social Media Solution for Educators
- Best ESL, ELL or World Language Acquisition Solution
- MindTap for Basic Robotics – equips students with a solid foundation in the industrial robot system
- Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas
- MindTap for CompTIA's Network+ – prepares students for the CompTIA's Network+ certification exam
- Best Postsecondary Learning Content Solution
"Every year the list of CODiE finalists is a case study of how the ed tech industry is using new technologies in combination with knowledge about how people learn to respond to customer needs. They're
opening doors for learners of all ages," said Karen Billings, vice president and managing director of the Education Technology Industry Network of SIIA.
The Software and Information Industry Association is the leading trade association for the software and digital content industry. The SIIA CODiE Awards have been recognizing top products, apps and services in business software, education and digital content for more than 30 years. The awards remain the only peer-recognized program in the content, education, and software industry. For more information on the CODiE Awards and this year's finalists, please visit https://www.siia.net/codie/
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K-12, professional, library and workforce development markets worldwide. The company provides superior content, personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that accelerate student engagement and transform the learning experience. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Boston, MA with an office hub located in San Francisco, CA. Cengage Learning employees reside in nearly 40 different countries with company sales in more than 125 countries around the world. www.cengage.com.
SIIA is the leading association representing the software and digital content industries. SIIA represents approximately 800 member companies worldwide that develop software and digital information content. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to the leading companies that are setting the pace for the digital age. For more information, visit www.siia.net.
NGL x TED (2014)
National Geographic Learning and TED Partner to Inspire English Language Learners
Boston, MA – September 30, 2014 - To further engage and inspire English Language Learners, National Geographic Learning (NGL), part of global education company Cengage Learning, today
announced a partnership with TED, a nonprofit organization devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks. Through the agreement, NGL will integrate TED's expansive library of TED Talks videos
into three programs for English Language Learning.
Click here to read more
Please visit us at these upcoming regional conferences: